Dr. John Hammett, Dean CE&PS
Welcome to the website of the School of Education at Jacksonville State University. As you navigate through it you will note the broad range of academic programs and services offered through the college. The quality of these programs is acknowledged by the regional and national academic accreditations earned. Below is a list of those accrediting bodies.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
The vision, mission, and goals of Jacksonville State University are focused on providing a learning-centered university environment. As the Dean of the School of Education, I am extremely proud to say that our faculty and staff, who are the backbone of each academic program and service, are committed to providing engaging learning-centered experiences whereby students develop the knowledge and skills necessary for success.
I invite you to visit our campus located in the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains of northeast Alabama. Our friendly faculty and staff will help you develop a plan of action for a bright future. Make your next step count. Make JSU… "Where you're going!"
John B. Hammett II, PhD
Professor and Dean
A message from the Dean