Miscellaneous Mail issues
Some E-mail ettiquette issues.
- Don't pass on personal information without permission
- Use a "quoting" character (such as >) to start lines in quoted text
- Maintain header of quoted text - we need to know WHO said what you're quoting
- Use inference and interpretation cues :-)
- Never send credit card numbers - E-mail is NOT secure
- Sign your messages and include your E-mail address at the bottom of the
message. Signature blocks are a good idea, but don't get carried away
- No Spamming - Do not mass mail to people who have no interest in your
Some systems have an interactive text facility called "talk". To talk to
someone on another system use "talk name@address" giving that person's
E-mail address. That person must be currently logged in and must
reply with "talk name@youraddress".
Not all systems have this facility.