Remote Sensing Questions Chapter 10
- What parts of the conterminous U.S. is best noted for the following? general farming
- feed grains and livestock
- range livestock
- wheat and small grains
- What are the principal objectives of modern agriculture and how can remote sensing assist
in achieving these goals?
- What are some of the more common applications of remote sensing in agricultural
- What is the first three steps in the classification of agricultural land?
- What are the six categories of easily separable agricultural land uses and what other two
differentiations may be made?
- What are crop calendars and for what may they be used in conjunction with aerial
- How can the reliability of crop identifications with single-date photography be improved?
- What accounts for the mottled texture often seen on many aerial photographs of
- What characteristics assist in the identification of each of the following? rice
- pig farms
- horse farms
- How can multidate photography best be utilized for agricultural applications?
- Why are inventories of crops such as cotton, wheat, peanuts, and tobacco important?
- How are orchards and vineyards distinctive on photographs from other crop covers and
from each other?
- Describe the seasonal contrasts in farm patterns.
- For what is color infrared photography most frequently used in agricultural applications
and when is this most beneficially undertaken?
- What are the broad factors that result in topography?
- What is a synthesis of all environmental elements into a single expression?
- What role does topography play in soil surveys?
- What inferences are possible from classification of drainage patterns into specific regional
- What are the four factors most significantly influencing soil-forming processes?
- What general considerations govern surface runoff?
- Who wrote Aerial Photography and Remote Sensing for Soil Surveys?