Goals for Metamorphic Rocks
After completing this exercise, you should be able to...
1. Briefly describe the general effect that changes in temperature have on rocks.
2. Briefly describe the general effect that pressure has on rocks.
3. Briefly describe the effect that the presence of water has on metamorphic rocks.
4. Generally relate temperature change to increased depth beneath the earth's surface.
5. Discuss how metamorphic rocks are classified.
6. Identify and describe common metamorphic rocks.
The metamorphic rock specimen set.