Goals for Laboratory 2
When you have completed this lab, you should be able to:
1. Briefly define physical weathering.
2. Briefly define chemical weathering.
3. Briefly describe how physical weathering increases rates of chemical weathering.
4. Identify three minerals that are stable end-products of weathering.
5. Define the four basic particle-sizes of sediment.
6. Describe the relationships among particle-size, velocity of water and the transportation of sediments.
7. Describe the effect that transportation has on the shape of particles.
8. Differentiate between detrital and chemical sedimentary rocks.
9. Identify and describe the common sedimentary rocks.
Set of 11 sedimentary rocks.