Joanne E. Gates, Project Director
"I am conscious that in talking and writing to my nearest and most trusted friends I sometimes suppress and I sometimes embroider." - 1895
"I find I have not written in this book since the 24th. I will gather up the dropped stitches as well as I may." - Diary, 2 September 1914
- Robins in Alaska
- Major novels
- The Open Question (1898)
- Come and Find Me (1907-8)
- The Mills of the Gods (published 1908)
- My Little Sister (1913)
- Way Stations (1913). A collection of speeches and articles dealing with women's suffrage.
- Shorter works
- "Across America with 'Junius Brutus Booth'" (1890)
- "Miss de Maupassant" (1895)
- "On Seeing Madame Bernhardt's Hamlet"
- "The Derrington Ghost"
- "Monica's Village"
- "Miss Cal"
- Alan's Wife - The anonymous 1893 play now attibrited to Elizabeth Robins and Florence Bell
- "Under His Roof: A Story of Militant Suffrage"
- "The Tortoise-shell Cat"
- "The Threlkeld Ear"
- "Bolt Seventeen"
- Links and References to other work
- SEARCH ROBINS at JSU (Hits contain not only info at www.jsu.edu/depart/english/robins, but all hits at www.jsu.edu.)
- Information on Elizabeth Robins, 1862-1952: Actress, Novelist, Feminist, published by the University of Alabama Press, 1994 (Tuscaloosa and London), by Joanne E. Gates
- Elizabeth Robins in the Women's Literature Classroom
Suggested writing response assignments, for use with My Little Sister, The Mills of the Gods, Votes for Women, by Dr. Gates.
- Votes for Women, the promptbook edition published in the Routledge anthology, Modern Drama by Women 1880s-1930s: An International Anthology (edited by Katherine E. Kelly), 1996.
- Votes for Women at Indiana University's Victorian Women Writers Project: an Electronic Collection
- The Magnetic North Project Gutenberg's e-text of ER's 1904 novel. This links to the html edition. Text edition also available, through a search at http://www.gutenberg.net. Produced by Suzanne Shell, Anita Paque, Shawn Wheeler, David Schaal, Anuradha Valsa Raj and PG Distributed Proofreaders. Release Date: November 10, 2003 [EBook #10038]
- On-Line Guide to The Papers of Elizabeth Robins 1803-1963 (A Guide to the Collection in Fales Library, New York University)
Credits and Disclaimer
Page editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 30 April 2007