List of Links for EH 450, Dr. Gates
Jacksonville State University
- Class Discussion Board (Our class is at the bottom).
Major Eletronic Libraries or Lists of Electronic Texts:
The On-Line Books Page, now updated at Penn (originallly from Carnegie Mellon),
with links to others sites for electronic texts. You can search the site
or select a letter of the alphabet and scan titles under authors whose last names begin
with that letter. Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom
- A Companion Page, A
Celebration of Women Writers by Mary Mark Ockerbloom, is excellent
for women authors.
- Bartleby Library Index to some great books on line.
Voice of the Shuttle: Web Page for Humanities Research, by Alan Liu (U. of California,
Santa Barbara). Well-organized by the traditional divisions of the canon. A wealth
of sites related to specific authors and genres are listed.
- American Authors on the Web. Matsuoka's lists of Authors are useful for organization by date of birth. He also keeps a list of British Authors. The list of 19th Century British and Irish is a separate file. To access the chronological part of each list, scroll past the "What's New" at the top.
- Documenting the American South at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. This main page will lead to specific sub sets of the collection, First-Person Narratives of the American South, Library of Southern Literature, North American Slave Narratives, The Southern Homefront, 1861-1865, and
The Church in the Southern Black Community
- Modern English texts collections at University of Virginia
- University of Virginia User Projects, at the Electronic Text Archives
- 19th Century Women Writers
- Of interest to Electronic Writing:
- The Responsible Preparation of Electronic Literary Texts by Marc Demarest.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto
The End of Business as Usual by RICK LEVINE, CHRISTOPHER LOCKE, DOC SEARLS and DAVID WEINBERGER,
Perseus Books (New York Times first chapter feature: check out other first chapters at this site).
- Creating and Documenting Electronic Texts: A Guide to Good Practice
Where you are: http://www.jsu.edu/depart/english/gates/450/listlink.htm
Page editor: Joanne E. Gates at
Last Update: In Netscape, Select "View"; "Page Info"
Department of English Home Page
Jacksonville State University Home Page