Deadline dates for application and receipt of all required application materials for the MBA degree are: November 1 for spring semester admission, April 1 for May and summer terms admission, and July 1 for fall semester admission. Applicants for the MBA must submit the following documentation to the College of Graduate Studies, Jacksonville State University, 700 Pelham Road North, Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602, to be considered for admission:
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission (http://www.jsu.edu/graduate/grad_app.html)
- Non-refundable $30.00 application processing fee
- A letter of application setting forth career goals
- A professional resume including education, employment, and community activity involvement
- Official transcript(s) from all postsecondary institutions attended (Students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the University.)
- Three “Graduate Reference Forms” completed by individuals who can provide qualitative assessment of the applicant’s potential for success in graduate course work and citing potential professional leadership ability.
This form is available online at http://www.jsu.edu/graduate/student-resources/index.html
- Official test scores on the GMAT. The GMAT must be taken within the five year time frame immediately preceding enrollment. Note: A minimum acceptable GMAT score of 400 is required (in addition to the requiredformula score: 200 x undergraduate GPA + GMAT is greater than or equal to 950).2011-2012 Graduate Bulletin 76
Information regarding application for this test may be obtained by contacting the organization below:
Graduate Management Admission Test
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6103
Princeton, NJ 08541-6103
Telephone: 1-800-GMAT-NOW or 609-771-7330
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant is required to submit an official TOEFL score report, an IELTS score report, or a PTE score report (please refer to page 22 of this Bulletin).
- Students entering graduate courses must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Transfer credits are accepted from AACSB International accredited schools only.
No transfer credit(s) will be accepted once students are enrolled in the MBA program, except in cases of extreme hardship to be determined by the MBA Director and the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies.