Accounting Scholarships available for Fall 2014 – Spring 2015 are listed below:
- Collins-McCain Scholarship
- John Collins Scholarship
- Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg & Moore Scholarship
- The Warren, Averett, Kimbrough & Marino, LLC Scholarship
- Trathen Scholarship
- Northeast Chapter of the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
Instructions: Students may apply for all six of the above accounting scholarships by completing one application form.
To apply for the above scholarships you will need to go to the Office of Student Financial Services website and locate one of the above scholarships from the listing of scholarships. Please use the following steps to access the scholarship applications:
- Use the following link to access the scholarship listing:
- One of the columns of the scholarship listing is labeled Major. Clicking on this label sorts the scholarships by major. If you do not see the accounting scholarships at the top of the listing, just click on the Major column heading to achieve the sorting and bring the Accounting scholarships to the top of the list.
Print and complete the four page hardcopy application. In addition, applicants must submit a resume and statement of why you want the scholarship (25 words or less) as an attachment on a separate page. Also, consider applying for the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants Educational Foundation scholarship (see Important Note at bottom of page).
Again, please note that by completing and submitting one hard copy application, you will be applying for all six of the accounting scholarships listed above.
Deadline for receipt of accounting scholarship applications is Friday, January 31, 2014. Please ensure that you complete the four page hardcopy application and return it to the JSU Office of Student Financial Services in 105 Bibb Graves Hall by the deadline.
Other accounting scholarships in addition to the six scholarships listed above are shown on the website for the Office of Student Financial Services. Students are encouraged to review these other scholarships and apply for them.
Important Note: Please note that the scholarship described above for the Northeast Chapter of the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA) is only one of the scholarships available from the ASCPA. There is also a second scholarship from the ASCPA Educational Foundation that requires a separate application. Students are strongly encouraged to locate the separate application on the website for the Office of Student Financial Services and make the separate application for that scholarship.
If you have any questions or need help with the above application process, please contact: