|Safaa H. Al-Hamdani
I am plant stress physiologist. My primary interest is to investigate the influence of selected environmental stresses on plants. I have been studying a wide range of environmental stresses influencing selected aquatic and terrestrial plants. My recent interest has been focusing on studying the role of antioxidants in combating environmental stress such as drought and heavy metal contaminants and finding a way to enhance the production of antioxidants in medicinal plants. Additionally, I have been investigating the role of the plant in the cleaning of heavy metal contaminants (Phytoremediation). Recently, I have been spending most of my research time in focusing on interactions between plants, fungus (Curvularia protuberata), and virus (CThTV) in inducing drought and heat resistance in the plant.
• Kristin KMS Schwarzauer, Safaa SAH Al-Hamdani, James JRR Raybrun, and Nixon NOM Mwebi.2013 Utilization of Kudzu as a Lead Phytoremediator and the Impact of Lead on Selected Physiological Responses. Canadian Journal of Plant Science, 93(5): 951-959
• David M. Ponder and Safaa H. Al-Hamdani.2011 Selected physiological responses of Kudzu to different levels of induced water stress. Alabama Academy of Science Journal.82:44-53.
• Safaa H. Al-Hamdani and Jamil J. Ghazal. 2009. Selected Physiological Responses of Salvinia minima to Various Temperatures and Light Intensities. American Fern Journal. 99(3): 155-161.
• Al-Hamdani, S. H. 2008. Selected Salvinia Responses to Different NaCl Concentration. 2007. Aquatic Plant Management. 46: 172-175.
• Al-Hamdani, S. H. and Cynthia B. Sirna. 2008. Physiological Responses of Salvinia to Different Phosphorus and Nitrogen Concentration. American Fern Journal. 98: 71-82.
• Al-Hamdani, S. H. and Blair, S. 2004. Influence of Copper on Selected Physiological Responses of Salvinia Minima and Its Potential Use in Copper Remediation. American Fern Journal. 94 (1):1-9.
• Al-Hamdani, S. H. 2004. Influence of Varies NaCl Concentrations on Selected Physiological Responses of Kudzu. Asian Journal of Plant Science. 3(1):114-119.
• Al-Hamdani, S. H. and T. W. Barger. 2003. Influence of Water Stress on Selected Physiological Responses of Three Sorghum Genotypes. Italian Journal of agronomy. 7(1):15-22.
• Al-Hamdani, S. H, P. Brent Nichols, and George R. Cline. 2002. Seasonal Changes in the Spectral Properties of Mountain Laurel (Kalmia latifolia L., Ericaceae) in north east Alabama. Castanea. 67(1):25-32.
• Connell, S.L., and S.H. Al-Hamdani. 2001. Selected Physiological Responses of Kudzu to Different Chromium Concentrations. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 81:53-58.
• Al-Hamdani, S. H., and T. S. Thomas. 2000. Influence of Root Chilling on Winter and Spring Wheat Growth and CO2 Assimilation. Acta Agriculture Scandinavica (B) Soil and Plant Science 50:149-154.
• Nichols, B.P., J. Couch, S.H. Al-Hamdani. 2000. Physiological Responses of Salvinia to Cr (VI) and its Potential use in Phytoremediation. Aquatic Botany. 68: 313-319.